GABA is an amino acid neurotransmitter that has a calming effect on the nervous system. Some GABA foods that can boost GABA levels in the brain include oolong tea, kefir, cherry tomatoes and shrimp. Low levels of GABA in the brain are linked to epilepsy, anxiety, mood disorders and chronic pain.
GABA supplements come in forms such as tablets, capsules, powders, sublingual tablets and more. They can be made from synthetic GABA or natural GABA boosters.
Best GABA Supplements in 2020
OUR TOP PICK
- PROMOTES A CALM, RELAXED MOOD: GABA 750mg can help support dealing with mild, occasional stress*
- QUICK RELEASE CAPSULES: Quickly provides you with 750 mg of natural GABA per serving
- TAKE A BREAK: This amino acid acts as a inhibitory neurotransmitter in your central nervous system*
- NEUROTRANSMITTER SUPPORT*: GABA is naturally produced in the body and its presence within the central nervous system may help promote relaxation and ease nervous tension.* Take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times...
- GAMMA AMINOBUTYRIC ACID/WITH VITAMIN B-6: GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) is a non-protein amino acid that functions as a neurotransmitter in the human brain.*
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-GMO, Vegan/Vegetarian, Made without Gluten, Kosher
- Relaxation Support: A recent study indicates that GABA enhances alpha wave production in the brain to promote relaxation and moderate occasional stress.*
- Immune Defense: In the same study, it supported healthy IgA levels, suggesting that it may support immune health during occasional stress.*
- Nervous System Health: GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, playing a central role in regulating cell-to-cell communication.*
- Inhibitory neurotransmitter, naturally produced in the brain, that counters excess brain stimulation
- Free Form GABA to promote optimal absorption and assimilation
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Supports Relaxed Mood
- Stress Relief And Positive Vibes
- Calming Effect
- FOUND IN YOUR BODY - GABA is one of the most abundant neurotransmitters in the central nervous system and in the cerebral cortex, where thinking occurs and sensations are interpreted.
- RELAX WITH GABA - GABA in the brain can have an inhibitory effect on the firing of some neurons, thus supporting a calm mood.
- NATURALLY STIMULATE THE MIND - This formula stimulates the neurotransmitters which are chemical messengers that carry signals from nerve cell to nerve cell throughout the nervous system.
- 5-HTP ENHANCED SUPER FORMULA - We supplemented 200mg of pure 5-HTP with clinically proven serotonin synthesizers, SAMe and L Tryptophan. Tryptophan is metabolized into 5-HTP in the body, while SAMe is...
- B6 FOR IMPROVED SEROTONIN CONVERSION - Our formula includes a high dosage of Vitamin B6, the main co-factor necessary to convert 5-HTP into serotonin. Vitamin B6 has been clinically shown to aid 5-HTP...
- MOOD, ANXIETY & SLEEP SUPPORT - 5-HTP is the primary precursor to serotonin production in the body. Increased levels of serotonin have been scientifically shown to promote positive mood, anxiety...
- NATURAL SOURCE: GABA is an important brain chemical that acts like a brake during times of runaway stress*
- CALM: Promotes a calm, relaxed, focused state of mind*
- SLEEP: Supports restful sleep*
- HELPS RELIEVE STRESS: Put your mind at ease with 100 mg of our natural, clinically studied form of GABA in a delicious chewable; Fast-acting support for a relaxed, focused mind
- SUPPORTS FOCUS AND SLEEP QUALITY: Helps improve alertness and concentration; Promotes emotional well-being and immune health during times of stress without drowsiness
- PHARMA GABA: Made with a concentrated, natural form of GABA; It' s used by the brain to help ease nervousness and scattered thoughts