Running is a form of exercise which many people get enjoyment from, however, for those who have larger feet, the process of finding a good pair of comfortable running shoes can be challenging. Just because you have slightly larger feet, this shouldn't mean that you have to sacrifice a good quality pair of running shoes.
The market for bigger sized running shoes isn't particularly broad and it sometimes involves looking a little harder to find a pair to suit your needs. However, we have done the hard work for you and browsed the market for the best running shoes available in bigger sizes. We have also included a handy buyer's guide below, with all of our top tips for choosing the best running shoes in your size.
If you are in a hurry, we have selected our top pick below.
Best Running Shoes in Bigger Sizes
OUR TOP PICK
We have selected the Women's FuelCore Nergize V1 Sneaker from New Balance. Available in sizes 5-12, these running shoes are an excellent choice for women who struggle to find shoes available in their size. The range of size options also provides versatility if you should need to opt for a bigger size. Impressively, New Balance effectively caters their shoes for individuals with wider feet too with plenty of wide options available in every size.
Made using synthetic materials with a sleek design, the bootie style of these shoes hugs your foot providing a snug and supportive fit. Even if you require the largest size, you will still get that secure feel from your running shoe.
The Revlite midsole cushioning provides a responsive ride for all-day comfortable wear and the New Balance Memory Foam cushion insert makes this a great everyday shoe that can be worn anywhere and everywhere.
Using mesh and synthetic materials, this delivers a lightweight feel that makes you feel light on your feet, with effective breathability and air circulation too.
- Available in a range of sizes from 5 to 12, with wide options too, these running shoes effectively cater to runners with larger feet.
- Retailing at an affordable price, they are a great choice for those on a budget.
- With multiple color options available, these shoes are easy to style for everyday wear.
- The REVlite midsole cushioning delivers a lightweight feel for all-day comfort.
- The bootie design of the shoe provides a more secure and snug fit.
- The sizes do run a little small, so it may be worth upsizing if possible.
- Midsole Cushioning: These New Balance sneakers feature a REVlite midsole that delivers incredibly lightweight cushioning and provides a responsive ride for comfortable all-day wear
- Underfoot Comfort: With an NB Memory Sole Comfort Insert that offers a plush feel with every step, this everyday shoe for women was made for wearing anywhere and everywhere
- Sleek Design and Supportive Fit: Stay comfortable and stylish as you go about your day with the contemporary bootie design. The bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
For our first choice in the men's category, we have selected the Brooks Men's Ghost 12 Running shoe. With sizes available from 5 to 15 with wide and narrow options available too, these shoes are great for men with larger feet.
For neutral runners who are looking for a lightweight shoe and a smooth ride, these are an excellent choice. Thanks to the energizing cushioning they are an ideal shoe for road running, cross-training, or gym wear.
The inclusion of BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide the correct level of softness along the underfoot without compromising responsiveness, durability, or their lightweight feel.
With a system of integrated shock absorbers which act as a segmented crash pad, every step is cushioned, regardless of the angle that your foot lands, accounting for a smooth heel to toe transition.
Made with newly engineered mesh, these running shoes shape to your foot with effective stretch and structure for improved comfort.
- With a range of sizes, including narrow and wide options, these shoes cater well to individual foot types.
- The balanced, soft cushioning provides responsiveness, durability, and increased comfort.
- The use of materials aims to create a soft and secure fit thanks to the newly engineered mesh.
- These shoes are comfortable to wear for lengthy periods.
- Available in different colors, this is ideal for catering to different tastes and makes them easy to style with your daily attire.
- These shoes run a little small so it is worth sizing up to a bigger size.
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: Neutral runners looking for a lightweight shoe and a smooth ride without sacrificing cushioning. Whether you’re a Ghost loyalist or are lacing one up for the first time, you’ll...
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 11
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Next up we have the New Balance Women's Fresh Foam Roav V1 Sneaker. With a unique design, these running shoes are the ultimate choice for athletic or casual attire. Combining a bold and attractive look with comfort, these shoes are an excellent pick for regular runners.
In regards to sizing, these shoes are available from a 5 up to a size 12 with wide options available too. They cater well very to women with different foot types.
Comfort is accounted for courtesy of the fresh foam midsole which aims to replicate the feeling of walking or running on clouds, whilst delivering an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride.
Now, in terms of the outsole of the shoe, the rubber provides exceptional durability against any abrasions or impact on your run with superior durability. These shoes are a worthy investment that is likely to see you through many wears.
As a neutral running shoe, they boast an ultra heel which provides a snug and supportive feel to the back of your foot, working well alongside the bootie design for all-day comfort.
- With sizes from 5 to 12 and wide options available, these running shoes cater very well to women with larger feet.
- The Fresh Foam memory insole mimics the feeling of walking on the clouds.
- Made with an endurance rubber outsole, these shoes are very durable against daily wear and tear.
- Available in a range of color options they suit different tastes and can easily be styled for everyday wear.
- They are lightweight which makes them much easier to run in without feeling as though your foot is weighted down.
- The lack of arch support may make them an unsuitable choice if you intend on running for longer distances.
- Truly Unique: The New Balance Fresh Foam Roav v1 running shoes are the ultimate in casual athletic style. Pairing a bold, attractive look with plush comfort, these cushioned running shoes are in a...
- Fresh Foam Midsole: Feel like you're running or walking in the clouds. The first of three proprietary technologies in this athletic shoe, Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to...
- NDurance Outsole: Step up your game without wearing out your favorite running shoes. Ndurance rubber outsole technology provides superior durability in high-wear areas to help get more out of the...
The Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 23 WaveKnit Running shoes are our next pick for you. The size range available is truly impressive from a size 7 up to a size 16. You can even get wide sizes too if necessary.
With a wave constructed base, these Waveknit running shoes provide both a natural and dynamic fit with great stretch and hold abilities. These shoes are more than likely to provide you with effective all-day comfort.
The upper design of this shoe stretches and moves with your foot for an unparalleled running experience and they remain breathable too allowing the air to circulate freely surrounding your feet.
Courtesy of the U4ic midsole you are provided with optimal shock absorption from impact from the ground resulting in excellent durability and an all-round superior ride. As a neutral running shoe, cloudwave technology is used for cushioning and shock absorption, ensuring that you can enjoy a comfortable running experience.
- Impressively, these shoes are available from a size 7 up to a size 16, ideal for men with larger feet.
- Less reliant on midsole foam but utilizing wave technology, your last step in these running shoes should be just as comfortable as the first.
- The sock-like fit and eyelets allow you to secure the fit of the shoe to the shape of your foot for increased comfort.
- These shoes can be worn for long-distance runs and walks.
- With a stylish design and different color choices available, this shoe effectively caters to different tastes and preferences.
- Some individuals may find the sizing a little large so this is worth considering before making a purchase.
- Inspired by our Iconic wave technology, Mizuno introduces the 2nd WAVEKNIT. With wave construction as it's base, WAVEKNIT provides a natural and dynamic fit through stretch and hold abilities
- Waveknit upper design stretches and moves with your foot like no other knit running shoe out there while remaining breathable and cool
- Mizuno WAVE: Wave sets the standard for running shoe technologies. Given that it less reliant on midsole foam due to wave technology your last mile in the rider should feel as great as the first
For our next choice, we have selected the Adidas Women's Cloudfoam Pure Running shoe. These shoes are available in a range of sizes starting at a 5 in adults sizing up to a size 12. They also claim to be reflective of a female's typical fit in shoes.
Made with 100% textile materials and a rubber sole, these shoes provide a soft but comfortable feel with enhanced wear resistance.
With a bootie style construction and slip-on design, these shoes hug the foot for a snug and secure fit and are a convenient option for those always on the go, as they are easy to put on and take off.
Courtesy of the cloudfoam memory sock liner and textile lining, you are provided with great comfort and they are easy and practical shoes for everyday runners.
- These running shoes are available in a range of sizes.
- Retailing at an affordable price, they are an ideal choice for those on a budget.
- With multiple colors available they cater to different individual tastes and preferences and can easily be styled for everyday wear.
- The bootie style is ideal for those looking for a convenient easy to put on shoe and this provides a more secure fit too.
- A lightweight shoe that still provides your foot with excellent support and stability.
- They don't have wide sizes available so those with slightly wider feet may find them a little narrow.
The ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes are our final pick for you. Impressively these shoes are available from size 7 to size 15 with wide options and half sizes available too. This is ideal for those men who want to go up a size but don't want to opt for a whole size bigger, instead, you can just go up by half.
They are made from strong and sturdy fabric with a rubber sole which provides excellent wear resistance. The Ortholite sock liner works effectively to provide excellent moisture management with high rebound properties to account for superior breathability as well.
Along the critical areas of the outsole, you will find the placement of high abrasion rubber and this provides excellent durability, ensuring that your shoes do not wear easily, even when confronted with the harshness of the ground below.
The inclusion of the RearFoot Gel Technology cushioning system absorbs the shock during the impact phase allowing for a much smoother transition to the midstance position.
- These running shoes are available in a range of sizes from 7 to 15 with wide sizes too which is ideal for men with different foot types.
- The option of half sizes is ideal for those who want to upsize but feel like the next size up is going to be too big.
- The effective placement of high abrasion rubber makes this a durable shoe that can withstand wear and tear.
- With different color options available this is ideal for catering to individuals with different tastes.
- The design of this shoe offers effective support making them an ideal pick for running for a lengthy amount of time.
- These shoes are prone to deteriorating in quality after a few wears so they may not be ideal for running across tougher terrain.
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered...
Best Running Shoes in Bigger Sizes - Buying Guide
Before investing in your running shoes there are several factors that you will need to consider. Some runners may feel as though they have to compromise quality and comfort just to find their correct size in shoes and this simply isn't the case.
They are many shoes available on the market that come in sizes that are suitable for those with larger feet too. We have listed some criteria below that we would recommend you considering before making your purchase. This will ensure that you invest in the best quality running shoes that are going to see you through many runs.
Our guide aims to help you find the best running shoes that are available in larger sizes. Those that have larger feet often set their sights on a particular pair of shoes only to find that they aren't available in more than your standard sizes. More often than not, this can make the whole shopping experience a little deflating. You shouldn't have to compromise on quality, design, or comfort just because you require a larger shoe size.
In regards to women's running shoes, the largest size tends to be a size 12, whilst some men's shoes go all the way up to a size 16. Although you will most commonly find men's shoes available up to a size 14 or 15. Usefully many fitness brands have shoes that come in wide or narrow size options. So you can opt for your usual size and then choose between a narrow, standard, or wide fit. Another common feature is the half-size options, this allows you to go up slightly from your usual size if you don't want to go up by a full size.
Of course, the sizing of the shoe contributes to your comfort. A shoe that is too small is going to result in discomfort and potentially blisters, whilst a shoe that is too big isn't going to remain securely on your feet.
The materials used to construct the shoe can also influence how comfortable the shoe is. However, the most influential aspect of comfort is the sole, ideally, a shoe should offer a reasonable amount of cushioning that offers plenty of comfort and support without being overbearing. Having too much cushioning can sometimes make it difficult to get a good stance in your shoe.
How the shoe is designed can also be influential upon the fit. Shoes that conform to a bootie-like construction provide a more snug and secure fit around your foot. Some shoes have a slip-on design which is super convenient for those on the go who want a pair of shoes that are easy to get on and take off in between errands. Eyelets and laces are effective in altering the shoe to the correct sizing of your foot so that you can run with comfort.
When you are investing money into your running shoes, you would expect them to last a considerable amount of time before any visible deterioration in the quality. Shoes that incorporate rubber along the design of the outsole are effective in protecting the shoe from any abrasions or impact from the ground below.
The cost of a shoe often increases according to size and this applies to running shoes, varying rather considerably depending upon the brand. You may see an increase in price with some brands that's more subtle in comparison to others where it is more noticeable. Do not be put off by this though because you will still find some running shoes in bigger sizes that are affordable and cater to those on budgets. Other options come with slightly hefty price tags which are ideal for those looking to spend a little more on their running shoes. We have included examples from a range of prices above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should your running shoes be a size bigger?
Experts tend to recommend purchasing running shoes in a half size bigger than what you would typically wear. Hence why brands that produce shoes in half sizes are particularly beneficial. A shoe that is too small is going to result in blisters and restricted room for your feet to breathe comfortably, whilst a shoe that is too big is going to provide you with too much room for moving your feet around resulting in an unsupportive fit.