Editors Note: Unfortunately, the ProForm ZT4 Treadmill has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available to purchase. Don’t worry, though! The Pro 2000 Treadmill is just as impressive (if not more!) than the ZT4 thanks to its cardio boosting capabilities and real-road conditioning.
Check it out! If you like the sound of the ProForm ZT4 treadmill, we guarantee that you will love the Pro 2000 treadmill.
ProForm ZT4 Treadmill Review
Would you prefer to workout in the comfort of your own home? Well, look no further than at the ProForm ZT4. This treadmill is the ideal at-home workout companion, thanks to its easy storage capabilities and impressive beneficial features.
We know that a treadmill is a big investment, and you need all the information before you can come to the right conclusion as to whether it’s right for you. For this reason, we’ve come up with all the information that you may need to make an informed decision.
Let’s get this review up and running, shall we?
ProForm ZT4 Treadmill Review
- Constructed measurements: 68 (L) x 35.7 (W) x 56.3 (H) in / 172 x 90.6 x 143 cm
- Constructed weight: 203 pounds / 92 kg
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on the structure, 25 years on the motor, 1-year parts and labor
- Motor: 2.5 CHP Mach Z Professional Motor
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds / 136 kg
- Incline: 0 to 10%, automated incline feature
- Stand buckle measurements: 55 (L) x 20 (W) in / 139.7 x 50.8 cm
- Features: built-in fan, two drinks holders, owners manual, speakers
- Console: 18 exercise programs to choose from
- Outdoor patio cushioning: ProShox
- Speed: 0 to 10 miles per hour
This treadmill boasts a 2.5 CHP Mach Z motor, allowing you to reach up to 10 miles per hour during each use. This is more than sufficient for all kinds of athletes, as the typical jogging speed is from 4 to 6 miles per hour.
If you’re happy with walking, jogging, and slow running, this is an ideal treadmill for you. Unfortunately, if you’re looking to reach the average running speed of a healthy individual, which is 10 to 15 mph, you may need to opt for a faster alternative.
The running belt measures in at 20 x 55 inches, so you have plenty of room to use your full range of motion. Below this belt, there is ProShox cushioning to absorb most of the impact from usage to keep your joints happy and protected.
When folded and ready for storage, the ProForm ZT4 stands at just shy of 6 feet tall, and the LCD screen is 5 inches wide. This gives you enough space to be able to read everything clearly, while not overpowering the dashboard too much and allowing for extra features.
There are three warranties that you can use should something falter on your treadmill, protecting your investment. You should know that the piece of equipment is heavy and so you may want to make arrangements if you live alone or don’t have the means to get the package into your rooftop apartment.
ProForm ZT4 Treadmill Buyers Guide
A Little Information on the ProForm ZT4 Treadmill
The ZT4 has been created for anyone wanting a treadmill to use in their own home, with the same quality that you’d find in a gym. The motor is impressive, it can be folded up and stored away between uses, and there are built-in speakers to add a party vibe into your workouts.
You can adjust the speed and incline to however you find most comfortable and enjoyable, and the running belt is optimized to support your ankles and knees. Thre are handrails to keep your balance and monitor your pulse, and the LCD display lets you know all the necessary information about your exercise.
There are 18 workout apps for you to choose from, ranging from beginner to advanced challenges. These will help you better your performance and you can work your way up through the different options until you’re a pro!
These programs will control how fast your warm-up is, alters the incline automatically throughout the workout, and slows down your pace safely as you reach your cooldown. The range of inclination helps you to target all the muscle groups in your body to achieve a full-body workout.
The ZT4 can hold up to 300 pounds, so anyone should be able to use this machine without a hitch. A lifetime warranty will keep your purchase protected, so you can use your treadmill for as long as you want without worrying about wearing it out. Storing it away could not be easier thanks to the folding handle and the lift assist mechanism.
A Quick Look into the Features
- Built-in fan to cool you down throughout the duration of your workout.
- Mach Z Commercial Motor with ongoing 2.5 horsepower. This keeps the motor quiet and the treadmill performing immaculately.
- Speakers that can be used with an aux cord. iPod compatible.
- The speed can be increased and decreased up to 10 miles per hour, suitable for walking, jogging, and running.
- The space-saving design allows you to store the treadmill away quickly and easily after every use.
- You can switch your speed and the amount of incline at the touch of a button.
- The incline function varies between 0 and 10% so that you can choose the right setting for you.
- Sensors on the handles allow you to track your heart rate as it’s shown on the LCD display.
- ProShox helps to absorb the shock while you’re exercising, taking more pressure off of your joints.
Choose one of the 18 compatible apps that can be used to help you get used to the ProForm treadmill. You can choose to stop using the apps at any time once you feel confident on the treadmill, however, professional athletes have been known to continue using the apps due to their helpfulness.
Option for Incline
Not every treadmill on the market comes with the option to increase or decrease the inclined position of the running belt. With the ZT4, all you need to do is press one button and the machine will do the rest, even while you’re still running.
Walking or running up an incline will help you to target different muscles in your legs than you were to be using if you were running on a flat surface. For this reason, the option to incline your workouts is very beneficial.
Running is hard, sweaty work, so it’s unsurprising that we were jumping for joy when we found out that the ZT4 had a CoolAir Workout fan built into the display in front of you. Simply turn it on and reap the benefits of a direct source of cool air right into your face. That’ll keep you running for even longer than before.
Sometimes we just need a high tempo song to get us through that last mile, right? For this reason, the speakers are a great addition to the ZT4 treadmill. If you don’t want to walk or run in silence, simply hook your iPod or phone up to the aux cord and play your favorite workout playlist. This will also cover the slight sound of the motor running.
The running belt has been lubricated sufficiently to prevent the rubber from making any noise after prolonged usage over a few years, so your treadmill will be with you for many years to come. Also, the motor is impressively quiet for a treadmill of this size and price, which is another added bonus.
Ease of Use
The hydraulic mechanisms allow the running belt to be lowered slowly and carefully after you turn off the treadmill. This will allow you to safely return to a flat surface without causing too much strain on your knees, back, and arms.
Moreover, the rear roller allows the movement to be continually seamless so that you don’t run into any problems due to your workout. This treadmill is safe and reliable to use time and time again.
What We Loved
Have you ever used a treadmill at the gym, with all the bells and whistles of the high-quality equipment? Gym goers only dream of being able to afford a treadmill that offers iPod ports, onboard programming, and adjustable inclinations.
Well, stop dreaming and make it a reality now with the ZT4! This treadmill offers all of these amazing features with a fraction of the price of other competitors that you’d find in the gym. For this reason, we absolutely love the ZT4 treadmill.
The motor is reasonably quiet so you can exercise in front of the television while not having to turn the volume up because of a whirring noise. We also love the built-in fan saves you the trouble of setting up another fan in front of you.
The fan is also positioned strategically to blow the cool air into your face, in which another fan might not be able to do. This keeps you as cool and comfortable as possible throughout the duration of your workout.
Another thing we really like is the fact that you can fold the treadmill up so that it takes up less space as you store it. The space-saving issue is another reason why people don’t think that it’s a feasible idea to use a treadmill in their houses, however, the ZT4 allows you to do just that!
The LCD display is really clear and high-quality so that all the necessary information can be seen easily while you’re walking or running. The font is easily readable as well, so you won’t be struggling to see what you need at any point during your workout, even with sweat in your eyes.
Now we’ll summarize the key benefits of the ProForm ZT4 treadmill, in case you’ve forgotten some that we mentioned earlier. Of course, there are other pros than what we are about to list, but you’ll just have to purchase the treadmill and find them out for yourself!
- The 10-degree incline is a rarity amongst other treadmills on the market, and can withstand any pace up to 10mph.
- A lifetime warranty allows you to use your treadmill for an incredibly long time.
- The pre-programmed workouts are included within the price, in which they’d usually only be offered with an additional subscription.
- The durable and reliable machine can hold weight of up to 300 pounds.
- A high-quality piece of equipment that will considerably help you on your fitness journey.
- The ProShox cushioning protects your joints from the impact of running or jogging.
While there are a lot of great aspects wth the ZT4 treadmill, everything comes with a few aspects that we wish we could change! We’ll point out a few of these below to give you a well-rounded image of your potential new treadmill!
- The ZT4 is quite heavy so you might need some help to get it into your house once it’s been delivered.
- Some previous customers have been disappointed with the motor noise while using the treadmill.
- We’ve heard that when folding the machine up for storage, it can be a rather heavy and tricky process, even with the lift assistance added.
- The price is higher than other alternatives on the market, however, these competitors won’t give you as many high-quality features as the ZT4.
Is the ProForm ZT4 the Best Treadmill Out There?
The ZT4 is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to achieve a challenging workout while remaining at home. The sheer amount of pre-programmed workouts will keep you active for longer, and you’ll never get bored of the same old routine.
The option for an incline is very beneficial for an at-home piece of equipment and the lifetime warranty is a nice added touch. Anyone who’s looking to up their fitness levels will surely appreciate the ZT4 in their home.
While there are, of course, slight qualms with this treadmill, we personally think that all of the benefits outweigh them. If you think you can work around these, then you will not be disappointed with the ProForm ZT4 treadmill.